Have you payed the event fee?
Good, welcome aboard!
If you decided to be a “non-Protagonist” send us an email specifying your motivations for partecipation so we can help you enjoy the most your days in the XVII century.
If you decided to live your experience as a “Protagonist” then it’s time to choose “Who you are in the 1629”.
Alone or part of a group, it’s important for us that you have your own personal starting storyboard for the event, so you can best enjoy your Live Living History.
But first it’s better to know the situation you will be in in those days…
“Alessandro Appiano, from the Appiano family sovereings of Piombino, die in the 1590, assassinated by a conspiracy of the most influencing noble families, that then gives temporary rule of the principality to the spanish Felix d’Aragona.
He was succeeded by his own son, Jacopo VII (until 1603, last of the bloodline) and after is Isabella Appiano, cousin of Alessandro, to rule the principality, first along with the husband, and uncle, Giorgio de Mendoza, then with the second husband, Paolo Giordano II Orsini.
In the 1 1628 Isabella was deposed by a revolt fueled from Spain and from the Medici, and her cousins (heirs of Carlo I Appiano) were not held able to succeed her. Tumultous years will follow, when the pressing spanish influence will clash with the noble families ofPiombino and the neighboring sovereigns.
April 3, A.D. 1629, Populonia, Piombino Principality
The small, fortified town of Populonia rules over the Baratti (Barters) gulf, always a trading place from etruscan times, first settlers of those hills on the sea, still bearings the traces of their mistery…
The gulf is the destination for many peoples, some searching for adventure, some following legends, some stopping by to trade evading the port customs of Piombino, some simply as a mooring place while searching for riches.
The newly appointed Governor, a noble from the Desideri a very influencing family in Populonia, is rumored to have received an important french nobleman in town, and it seems he has deep commercial ties with him.. some are already talking about schemes and conspiracies, others rejoice having few simpaty for Spain, but the fact is that some days ago at the gulf extremity, on the town foot, a little encampment with an heavy spanish presence has appeared. The land seems it’s owned by a junior branch from the destitute Appiano family, and the Governor did not lose time in recruiting more gendarmes and in hiring mercenaries.
Only a substantial group waiting for a ship? Mercenaries arriving or departing for the Flanders? Or maybe a little army bent on destituting the new Governor as already happened in the past with the Piombino princedom?
Worries are brewing in town, growing like the interests of mercenaries and merchants seeking to profit from the situation.
whatever the motivations the encampment is growing day by day, without contact still with Populonia.
• SPANISH ENCAMPMENT
Access permitted only to spanishmen (both civilians and military) and to mercenaries, medics, transalators from nationalities not openly against Spain. Inside there are two small buildings, housing the owning noble, toilets and showers for encampment use. Housing only in historical tents approved by the organization (send the photos), or by renting 4x4mt tents (pitched by the staff before the event) with a fee of 150€ for tent for the duration of the event (rented tents can be accessed from the 16:00 of wednesday and must be vacated by 16:00 of sunday). Rented tents are empty, eventual furnishing can ben arranged contacting the organization. The place is in front of a gravel beach and is 20 minutes of walk away from the town, following a marked forest path. A gate separate te location from a “Free Zone” with a car parking area and an organization desk area ready to answer you requests. This is also the place to go in case of Scene Death to be “marked” before reentering the event (see Scene Rules). There are also three “Off Scene” rooms for 3 peoples each in an apartment in front of the parking area, with a fee of 250€ for room for the event duration (check-in wednesday, check-out sunday).
• POPULONIA ALTA
Split in two parts: one inside the walls, populated by the residents, where you will find the guard tower, prison, church, gendarmery, taverns, general store, blacksmith, apothecary, money changer, some local shops and the governor house.
The other part, outside the walls but connected by a fortified door, is called the “Foreign Quarter”, where travelers resides, alongside a gambling house, a bordello, and some frayed tents covering poors and drunkards.
This part of the city can host 70 people in houses lodging from 4 to 10 guests (each with a bathroom, table and seats and a out of scene kitchen but only for a full house reservation). There are various housing choices in this quarter, and you can choose to have your own private room out of scene. All the common rooms are exclusively in scene because they have both a table and bed space in the same area. Each house has a minimum and maximum number of bedding space, but a group can rent a full house even if they are less than the minimum and can choose if the want the house in or out of scene (mind that in no case a house can host more peoples than the maximum number). You can also rent a free spot, limited by the house capacity, where the guest can place is own bed/cot (in scene if in a scene area, a simple white cloth covering the entire bed is enough).
All the free spots can be reserved as bed spots and in that case the organization will furnish a bed. All the bed spots are inclusive of sheeting and towels, private rooms have in sene wardrobes. All the house will have heating if the climate dictates the need.
Here is the full list of houses and fees, all the houses if reserved in scene will have a 50€ fee for furnishing costs, use of the kitchen must be reserved with a 50€ fee:
▪ Bed Spot in private room: 30€ for each night (can be requested out of scene only in accordance with other guests of the room)
▪ Free Spot in private room: 70€ for the event (can be requested out of scene only in accordance with other guests of the room)
▪ Bed Spot in common room: 25€ for each night (In scene only)
▪ Free Spot in common room: 50€ for the event (In scene only)
Here are the fees for a full house reservation, check-in wdnesday from 16:00, check-out sunday until 16:00.
▪ Full House “SEA 1” – € 750: 1 private room with a double bed; 1 private room with 3 bed spots and 3 free spots; 1 double bed and 1 free spot in common room; kitchen (can become a private room with a free spot); 1 bathroom.
▪ Full House “SEA 2” – €550: 1 private room with a double bed + 2 free spots; 1 double bed + 2 free spots in common room; kitchen; bathroom.
▪ Full House “SEA 3” – € 550: 1 private room with a double bed + 1 free spot; 1 double bed + 2 free spots in common room; kitchen (can become a private room with a double free spot); bathroom.
▪ Full House “SEA 4” – € 270: 1 double bed + 2 free spots in common room, kitchen; bathroom.
▪ Full House “SEA 5” – € 400: 2 double beds + 1 free spot in common room, kitchen; bathroom.
▪ Full House “WOOD 1” – € 450: 2 bed spots +1 free spot in private room; 1 double bed + 1 free spot in common room, kitchen; bathroom.
▪ Full House “WOOD 2” – € 450: 2 bed spots in private room; 1 double bed + 2 free spots in common room, kitchen; bathroom.
▪ Full House “WOOD 3” – € 450: 2 bed spots +1 free spot in private room; 1 double bed + 1 free spot in common room, kitchen; bathroom.
▪ Full House “WOOD 4” – € 500: 1 bed spot +1 free spot in private room; 2 bed spots in private room; 1 double bed + 1 free spot in common room, kitchen (can become a private room with a free spot); bathroom.
▪ Full House “WOOD 5” – € 450: 1 double bed + 1 free spot in private room; 1 double bed in common room; kitchen only for full house off scene or + 2 free spots in common room; bathroom.
POPULONIA HOUSES (reservation only with organization approval)
▪ Full House “TOWER 1” – € 700: 3 bed spots in private room; 1 double bed in private room (possible free spot for a bedroll or a cradle); 3 free spots in common room; kitchen only for full house out scene; 2 bathrooms; terrace.
▪ Full House “TOWER 2” – € 500: 1 double bed + 1 free spot in private room; 2 bed spots in private room; 1 free spot in common room; kitchen; bathroom.
▪ Full House “TOWER 3” – € 650: 3 bed spots in private room; 1 double bed in private room; kitchen (can become a private room with 2 free spots); bathroom.
▪ Full House “TOWER 4” – € 450: 1 double bed in private room (possible free spot for a bedroll or a cradle); 2 bed spots + 2 pofre spots in common room; kitchen only for full house out scene; bathroom.
▪ Full House “TOWER 5” – € 750: 3 bed spots in private room; 1 double bed in private room (possible free spot for a bedroll or a cradle ); 3 free spots in common room; kitchen only for full house out scene; 2 bathrooms; fireplace; terrace.
▪ Full House “Burg” – € 450: 1 double bed + 1 free spot in private room; 1 double bed in common room; kitchen only for full house out scene; bathroom.
It’s possible for partecipants that come as merchant to pitch their own historical tents in the spaces outside the wall and sleep there (or rent 4x4mt tents from the organization with a fee of 150€ per tent for the event duration). It can be a stall for In Scene items or a true commercial stand, anyway it must follow the Scene rules. This option as a fee of 30€ per person for the event duration. Who reside here can use the common toilets in the town and the showers in the Free Zone in the park area 30 mts from the place.
BUCA DELLE FATE
In the woods outside the town, on the opposite side of the spnish encampment, there is a misfit bivouac near a bay called Buca delle Fate from the locals (Fairy pothole), a name that has many legends attached. Between etruscan ruins and disquieting tombs there lives this men and women estranged from society.
There are very few spots for this location, situated 20 minutes away from the town deep in the woods of Populnia, and we do specify that there are no services (no running water, toilets, showers) and there is no possibility to rent tents for this place!
Living the event in this place it’s a really intense experience esclusive for those ready for it.
It’s possible to enter the event as “Misfits” only in accordance with the organization and taking into account to arrive at event at the latest wednesday morning, since there logistical problems and because there is no way to reach the place with motor vehicles.
The town Free Zone it’s located in a parking area totally invisible from every place, but that is only 50 meters from th town gates. In this area there will be and organization desk area open 24h a day, the possibility to change cash in Tokens (only in predetermined times of the day), relax out of scene, and go to your car. It’s the place to reach when dead In Scene, to be “Marked” and then reenter the event (see Scene Rules).
BACKGROUND AND STORYBOARD
Ora che conosci a grande linee la storia e le caratteristiche della città, come prima cosa crea il tuo background rispondendo sinteticamene a queste domande:
Now that you know the main historical infos and the town characteristics, you can create your background by replyin to the following questions:
• Where and when you are born? (your age calculated from the 1629, the starting date of the event)
• whatyou do in life? Your profession or trade, if you are a soldier, merchant, scoundrel…
• Religious leanings
• you are part of a group? who are the others on it? who is the group referee?
Your choices can lead you to select where you will live during the days of the events, or where you cannot!
Send everything to the organization with your starting storyboard proposal (if you have one), you will be contacted and you will receive all the infos customized for you and you group, that will give life to your story and the motivation that brings you to Populonia in those days.
For any communication, the email is: firstname.lastname@example.org